One of the most expensive items in car repair is to repair the automobile transmission. It costs the same as car AC repair and can be even more expensive than repair the engine or brake repair. If you own a car, so it makes sense to take care of the general maintenance of the car with all the refinements needed a reliable Transmission Repair Shop Lexington KY.
You don’t have to wait until something goes wrong with your car. Good maintenance prevents the frequent need of repair. Pay special attention to the maintenance of automobile transmission.
Here are some tips on maintaining transmission of the car and, ultimately, repair, for car owners in Lexington KY.
- Check surface under the car - There are certain diagnostic tests that any car owner should consider for car transmission. The very first place to check is the surface under the car which includes the parking place or garage floor. If you find any liquid that has leaked from the car, it could be car transmission fluid and could be a warning sign. Take your car to the workshop immediately.
- Check with dipstick – If you cannot find vanishing points under the car, check the status of transmission fluid using the rod. Prepare a sheet of paper and a piece of clean cloth. Wipe the dipstick with a cloth before dipping into the transmission fluid. Let the liquid drip on the white paper. Check its color either it is red and transparent. If there are black flakes or metal, or if the fluid is dark or smells burnt, take the car to your service shop.
- Use the right oil – While changing the transmission oil in the car, make sure that the suitable liquid is used for your vehicle. Automatic and manual transmissions both has their automobile transmission fluids that cannot be exchanged, or the transmission will fail.
Watch this video
- Check vehicle performance – If your car has no sign of leakage and the transmission fluid is normal, you need to observe the performance of the vehicle while driving. You must follow the proper handling procedures. Transmission gears should also engage smoothly without any delay, shake, tremors or noises during acceleration and deceleration. Continue your observation during long journeys, as these problems may not be apparent for short trips. If you experience any of these warning signs could be saying that the transmission system is worn. Again, take the vehicle to check your transmission repair shop.
- Over-heating – Another common cause of automotive transmission problem is overheating, where the heat can rise to high levels. Driving with heavy loads in warm weather can lead to overheating. Even continuous stop and go driving in heavy traffic in the heat can also lead to overheating. Overheating causes the transmission fluid to burn. Burning oxidation means and creating deposits. These deposits can clog the transmission system. In addition, overheating can deform the metal parts of the transmission system and harden rubber gaskets and seals, resulting in leaks. Therefore, avoid overheating your vehicle with good maintenance procedures.
Be sure to bring your car only to an auto service shop specializing in automotive transmission repair, however, to avoid problems in the future. Sometimes, improper repair can lead to later problems change throttle cable problems.
Thecarmasters.com – Auto Repair Lexington KY is prudent in maintaining transmission and automotive repair, and you will reap savings and long life of your vehicle.